Newcastle Industrial Heritage Association Inc. is a community group formed in May 2000 to promote the role that all Industries have played in Australia’s development.
Objectives of the Association
- To promote the role that Hunter Industries and Manufacturing has played in developing Australia’s Heritage.
- To facilitate and present research into the Hunter Region’s Industrial Heritage.
- To promote and support the conservation of the region’s industrial heritage including any links there to which maybe broader a field.
- To encourage the development and operation of a repository for materials and documents related to industrial heritage.
- To promote tourism and adaptive reuse of existing industrial heritage sites, buildings and moveable objects.
Newcastle Industrial Heritage Association Inc.
NIHA meets weekly at Delprat's Cottage - the home of GD Delprat during construction of Newcastle Steelworks in 1914.
Visitors and new members are welcome.
Application fee $15.00
Annual subscription $10.00
Contact Bob Cook - President - Ph 0419241731
For more information email - email@example.com
Last Updated Monday, August 13 2018 @ 10:47 PM|371,427 Hits