Welcome to Newcastle Industrial Heritage Association Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 11:42 AM  
Home |  Contribute |  About Us |  Google map of Newcastle |  Media 2014 |  MOVIES of Steelworks |  Links |  Polls |  Forum |  Media Gallery |  My Downloads |  Site Statistics | 
Forum Menu

Site Menu

What's New

Stories

No new stories

Forum Posts
Order: New Views Posts
Latest Forum Posts
MUSTER POINT:
 By:  aub
 On:  12/07/12 05:52 AM
 Views 40991 Replies 0
THE BHP REUNION_
 On:  09/23/12 09:15 AM
 Views 43076 Replies 0
Guest Speaker
 On:  04/24/12 23:05 PM
 Views 47324 Replies 0
BHP MEMORIAL FUND DO..
 On:  11/10/11 23:24 PM
 Views 39862 Replies 0
Henry McKenzie
 On:  08/11/11 23:56 PM
 Views 23880 Replies 0

Older Stories

Wednesday 16/02/22

• Delprat's Cottage and garden OPEN DAYS (0)

• Monday 14/02/22

• Vital to the War Effort (0)

• Friday 20/08/21

• VIDEO PRODUCTION for Fortress Newcastle (0)

• Thursday 17/06/21

• NIHA at RICHMOND VALE RAILWAY (0)

• Tuesday 25/05/21

• TOCAL ARTILLERY RANGE (0)

•  Forum Index > NIHA User Forum > Newcastle Industrial Heritage Association
     MUSTER POINT FEED BACK
     |  Printable Version
    aub
     October 26 2010 12:10 PM (Read 1489 times)  
    Forum Active Member

Hi Aub,

Thanks for bring the books etc on Monday, it was really appreciated. Following are the comments from some of the group.

I enjoyed the personal history bit, ie Albury's family life and early working life in BHP. WE should thank him for sharing this with us.
    Also we appreciate his work with the community. This would be voluntary and time comsuming.
    Cheers Janet Keegan

I found the talk very interesting & by just telling his own story it seemed real - not just about an event in Newcastle's history.
    I reckon his natural approach was just right. We became emotionally involved. The length was about right, too - long enough for us to be prepared for the actual visit "inside".
    I really enjoyed the day - thank you.

Irene

I tried to write a thanks and congratulations to Aub because I thought his presentation was very good.However on the Newcastle Industrial Heritage web site I could not find a place to do this. There is no "contact us" area that I could find for me to use to say thank you to him.. So yes, I did look and this is a matter the Association might like to look at.
    I thought his presentation was very good, authoritative. I think that any spokesperson should however know about each and every one of the facets of the sculpture memorial and this is an area that they might need to pay some attention to.
    I thought his presentation was very good, well researched, presented in an interesting manner and can be recomended to other interested groups.
    Roger

It was very special to have such a personal insight into the history and workings of the BHP site. Thanks to Aub for sharing his experiences with such enthusiasm and to you, Jan, for organising the day.
    Rose

Jan
    Laughing Out Loud

obisan@hunterlink.net.au

Profile Email Website